This week, our blogs have focused in on the theme of wireless devices. With special attention being paid to wireless POS terminals (of course), we’ve highlighted an incredibly important aspect about how transactions are performed in 2016. It is simply more convenient, advantageous and lucrative to use wireless terminals to accept payments from customers. Using wireless technology allows businesses to accept credit cards and debit cards wherever they do business.
If you offer a delivery service, you can accept payment right at the door step of your recipient. If you attend trade shows and display your goods on site, you can make sales without worry of having to process transactions at a later time. A wireless payment terminal is literally the answer to the question “How can I maximize my opportunities to sell my products?” Still not convinced that going wireless is the way to go?
Here are five reasons you should reconsider:
1. It allows you to do business on-the-go. Many merchants conduct business outside of the walls of their shops. In the past, regular travellers found that taking orders and processing them once they returned home wasn’t all that efficient in maximizing profits. Wireless terminals, however, allow merchants to do business in a variety of venues and locations such as food trucks, sporting events and the aforementioned trade shows.
2. It provides great convenience to your customers. The ability to bring the POS terminal to your customers instead of having them come to you makes the shopping experience so much easier. This is especially true in restaurants where customers are no longer required to relinquish their credit cards. Instead, they process their payments right at the table once their meals are finished. Wireless terminals have vastly improved the dining experience.
3. It boosts sales. The more convenient you make things for your customers, the more likely they are going to be to continue to shop at your store. People love not having to wait in long lines to make their purchases. One of the great benefits of wireless payment technology is that it significantly speeds up the transaction process. Eliminating the need for long lines encourages more shopping.
4. Greater access to customers. As mentioned, wireless terminals make it so that your customers no longer have to come to you. You can come to them. Essentially, the technology grows the size of your brand as it allows you to take your show on the road. Selling products to customers who don’t live close enough to your store to visit it regularly gives you the opportunity to grow your customer base.
5. It supports a variety of payment types. At Canadian POS Corporation, we offer the Verifone VX680 as our wireless terminal of choice. It’s accepts all credit cards, debit cards, gift cards and EMV “chip” cards which protect you and your customers from counterfeit card fraud. As well, the Verifone VX680 also has integrated Contactless technology that extends the convenience of “tap and go” payments and prepares you for the acceptance of mobile wallets.