Now that the spring is here – even if the weather isn’t letting on – there is reason to get excited about the possibilities of welcoming new customers into your store. With the snow slowly (but surely) melting away and the warmer weather making its return, people will be encouraged to spend more time outside of their homes. And that means that there will be more opportunities for you to lure customers into your store.
There are many ways to do this, of course. Sales, discounts, special events and introducing new product lines are just a few cool ideas. But here’s another great one: offer gift cards. If your store is not yet offering this option to customers, it’s a great time to get started. You don’t need to wait until the end-of-year holiday season to take advantage of the fact that people love gift cards. With help from SVMCards.com, here are six benefits you’ll receive.
1. You’ll increase your sales. This is often listed as a top benefit of selling gift cards. They have been known to encourage more sales as they enable for much easier shopping experiences. Not to mention, they can help with your advertising. “Gift cards can be used to enhance marketing promotions by offering the card to promote trial or increase sales of your product or service,” mentions SVM.
2. You’ll have a new advertising tool. As mentioned, there are ways to utilize your gift cards as new ways to market your brand. Not only can you advertise the fact that you sell gift cards, but the looks of the cards themselves can serve to boost your company’s reputation. As SVM points out, you can develop a specially designed custom card or put your company logo on the front of your cards.
3. You’ll make life easier for customers. We also mentioned that gift cards allow for easier shopping experiences. Is there a better life-saver than a gift card for a last-minute shopper? Gift cards eliminate the need for a customer to know about another person’s size or favourite colour. They no longer have to worry about whether or not the person they are shopping for already has a particular item. Gift cards, to reiterate, simply make life easier.
4. You’ll motivate your staff. It is very often said that a happy staff is a productive staff. And what better way to make your employees happy than to offer them free gifts? A gift card enables your workers the ability to get free items from your store. This will go a long way in keeping them hard-working, loyal members of your team. “Gift cards…have been used to enhance sales and to motivate sales representatives and distributors in several industries across the nation,” says SVM.
5. You’ll have a new revenue stream. Consider that gift cards are products themselves. It adds to your product portfolio by being able to say that they are items for sale in your store. Not to mention, a gift card allows you to get paid for items that you haven’t even technically sold yet. Even if the gift card never gets redeemed, you still get paid the amount available on the card. Keep in mind, as well, that recipients generally spend more than the amount of the card’s value.
6. You’ll have no problems getting your hands on them. If you’re looking to begin selling gift cards at your business, getting started is a lot easier than you may think. As you may have guessed, Canadian POS Corporation offers its clients gift cards. With so many benefits awaiting you, why not order yours right away? Simply give us a call at 1-877-748-2884 to learn more about them and to place your order today!