Your customers like using credit cards. But you don’t have to take our word for it. We’ve asked many of our colleagues, co-workers and friends about their opinions of credit cards in recent weeks. Even for those who admit to still using cash from time to time, they feel that there is a lot more convenience that comes with being able to use this plastic option as a payment source. As a business owner, it’s important to keep these points in mind.
Here are six reasons people say they love credit cards:
1. They offer rewards points. “Personally, I like using my credit card because it gives me more than what I bought. I collect points for every purchase. That means that whenever I go shopping, I know I’m one step closer to getting that vacation that I’ve been meaning to go on. If I were to make all of those payments with cash, I’d be no step closer to getting a free trip. Using a credit card is like getting free money when you think of it.”
2. They protect purchases. “I like the fact that my credit card gives me extra coverage. If I were to pay for certain items, especially big expenditures with cash, I wouldn’t have any insurance at all. My credit card company extends warranties, but also protects my purchases and against theft and damage. It’s just really convenient to know that when I use my credit card to buy things that I get extra protection on my purchases.”
3. They offer fraud protection. “Some people worry about using credit cards because they think that if they get lost or stolen, they’ll be liable for all the fraudulent charges that may occur. But credit card companies actually help people to be protected from fraud by setting up investigations to look into charges that weren’t made by the card holders. We’re not expected to pay for charges we didn’t make.”
4. They offer money back. “In some cases, cards give rewards points, and in other cases, they give cash back. It all depends on what type of card you like best. For me, I love getting cash back because it literally helps me to make money while I’m spending money. I usually use the cash back feature to get things that I really need like groceries. There’s no beating a payment option that helps you to earn money just for using it.”
5. They offer flexible payment options. “Let’s be honest. Some people just wouldn’t be able to live without their credit cards because they help them to make big purchases that they can’t pay for right away. By putting something on credit, they can extend payment over time. This really helped me when I was in a bind. I didn’t really like having to pay interest on my account, but it was a lot better than not making the purchase at all.”
6. They help to build credit. “I wasn’t actually able to establish a credit score until I got my first credit card. By making regular payments on my card, I was able to prove that I’m good with my money. Before long, my credit score not only existed, but was looking pretty good. For anyone that wants to make a big purchase like a home or a car – and who doesn’t? – it’s pretty important to establish your credit. And a credit card will help.”
At Canadian POS Corporation, we offer our clients the ability to satisfy the needs of their shoppers by providing them with top-of-the-line POS terminals that accept all credit cards and debit cards. You can choose from either our Countertop or Wireless variety. As you can tell, there are many reasons why your customers love using credit cards. Don’t miss out! Call Canadian POS Corporation at 1-877-748-2884 or email us at info@localhost.